Work Related Injuries
Work of almost any type especially sitting on a desk and working with computer can place muscular stress on body structures. Both lack of movements and overusing of same muscle group day in day out are main reason of stiffness, rsi and fatigue. For managers, computer users and employees in London, it is very simple to find out if you have back and neck-shoulder stiffness and tension. Just try this simple test while you are carrying out your job.... Role your shoulder ten times forward and backward to feel the level of stiffness and tension in your neck and shoulders.
Preventing work related injury by London on-site physio and ergonomics services
Most of occupational injury could be prevented significantly if the employee takes this matter serious. At present job related injuries caused by computerised technology and heavy machinery industries, are one of the main reason of employee's absenteeism. Most of employees do not take it their job related injuries serious enough. They believe, it's just end of day's headache or bit of muscle stiffness. However, practically is much more and it may be an occupational injury.
Performing your job in the same position with repetitive motions, can cause many job related injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome, spine disorders, neck and shoulder problems, headaches, migraine, rsi, arm pain and tendinitis. The incidence of job related injury continues to increase as computer usage grows. The scene at your place of employment most likely does not take into consideration the degree of any pain or injury you have, nor your strength level. Physical injuries can occur either by sudden heavy force or by repetitive small load.
Common job related injuries
• spine disorders, low back pain
• neck pain
• shoulder pain
• headaches, migraine
• rsi and arm pain
• carpal tunnel syndrome
• joint stiffness and limited range of motion
• nerve irritation and nerve trapped
• muscle stiffness and pain
• computer vision syndrome
• stress and fatigue
Peoples at high risk of job related injuries
• Regular computer staff
• Lawyer and Solicitor
• Any other repetitive task
Workplace ergonomic and body biomechanics
Our on-site physio and ergonomics experiences show that employees can prevent most of their occupational injury by doing the next desk exercises and advices few time per day:
• Take deep breath regularly
• Sit up on your chair (correct posture)
• Pull your stomach in while standing, sitting and walking (correct posture)
• Push your shoulder down regularly (correct posture)
• Role your shoulders forward and backwards (2 sets of 10 reps )
• Move your neck to six different directions (forward, backwards, left, right, chin to left and right shoulders)
• Move your back to six directions
• Bend and stretch you're your knee and ankles
• Do the neck and shoulders stretching as explained in our ergonomics page
• Regular training and aerobic exercise
• Have mini-breaks to save our hands and back
• If you have any occupational injury contact your doctor or on-site physio
• Ask our on-site physio and ergonomist the safe lifting techniques
• Rose Clinic Physiotherapy London offer on-site physio emergency appointments, late evening appointments and weekend appointments for your convenience.
• Remember our correct posture advices to prevent physical injuries
• Contact London on-site physio for further advice on ergonomics and injuries
Rose Clinic Physiotherapy is registered with all major UK health Insurance Companies.
Musculoskeletal conditions that our chartered physiotherapists treat: Low Back Pain, Disc degeneration, Pregnancy backaches, Arthritis, Whiplash, Sciatica Nerve Trapped, Headache, Pain, Stiffness, Tennis Elbow, Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), Tendonitis, Osteoarthritis, Postural abnormality, Pre/Post Operation. Rehabilitation, ACL Rupture, Hip/Knee Replacements, Ligament Cartilage Tear, Shin Splints, Ankle Sprain, Muscular Tear, job related injuries, aging. London physiotherapy now covering Kensington W8, Chelsea SW3, SW10, Notting Hill Gate W11, Hammersmith W6, Shepherds Bush W12, South Kensington SW7, Cromwell road, Knightsbridge SW1, SW3, SW 10, W2 in association with Fitness First gym club for all physiotherapy services.